Cleaning up your garage or lawn can be a huge chore to get done. One thing that can make that job a lot easier is having a powerful, reliable commercial leaf vacuum and blower. Leaf blowers are incredibly handy when it comes to blowing out or vacuuming out any indoor or indoor-outdoor area, and is much faster than spending hours and days raking the leaves.
Today, we are going to be taking a look at some of the best commercial leaf vacuums and leaf blowers on the market. We are going to give you an overview of each vacuum as well as a list of pros and cons for each of them so that you can decide which leaf blower is best for you. In addition, this in depth review will also cover how leaf vacuums work, and the basics of clearing a large yard or commercial space of leaves.
Best Commercial Leaf Vacuum – In-Depth Reviews
1. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
The Toro 51621 leaf blower vacuum is an impressive leaf blower that gives you a ton of power and a lot of versatility as well. This leaf vacuum has a variable speed adjustment feature that gives you the ability to change the speed and the power that your leaf blower delivers. Made by Toro, this electric model packs tons of power at a reasonable price.
It even has a tube that you can put on your leaf blower that concentrates more power from it, so that you can easily blow away or vacuum up heavy, wet leaves. One of the features that we like the most about this leaf blower is that it gives you variable power up to 250 miles per hour, so that you have tons of power for clearing your lawn, garage or any other indoor-outdoor area.
- The Toro 51621 leaf blower vacuum has superior mulching, blowing and vacuuming capabilities that have been a result of rigorous and consistent laboratory testing.
- This powerful leaf blower and vacuum can blow up to speeds of 250 miles per hour, so that it can handle blowing out wet or dry materials that are either light or heavy.
- One thing that we really appreciate about this particular leaf blower is that a lot is included with it. This comes with a bottom zip bag, a vacuum tube, a cold storage hook, a shred-all shred ring and an oscillating tube that helps you save time while you are using your leaf blower.
- Another nice feature is that this leaf blower does not just blow on one speed. You have a variable speed control function so that you can properly adjust the amount of power that you need from your leaf blower. This makes the leaf blower versatile in a variety of different cleaning situations.
- This model includes a blower tube that you can use to enhance the power that your blower delivers, so that you have no problem blowing out wet, heavy leaves.
- This blower uses a quick-release latch that gives you the ability to change your unit from a blower to a vacuum within seconds.
- One of the biggest downsides of this model of leaf blower is that it does not come with an extension cord. If you need an extension cord because you are going to be using your leaf blower in a larger area, you are going to need to get an extension cord separately.
- The blower tube is a little long and can be a little cumbersome
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TNCJU3E/
2. Black & Decker BV6000 High Performance Blower/Vacuum
This awesome multi-function blower from Black and Decker gives you the ability to use this model as a vacuum, blower or mulcher. It gives you two different power settings that gives you the ability to use the blower at either 180 or 250 miles per hour.
It is really easy to change between settings and one of the best features of this vac is that it has a disposable bag feature and a grind system that can grind down 16 bags of mulch and debris into one compact bag.
- The Black and Decker BV6000 blower, vacuum and mulcher is another strong blower with a 12 amp motor that power this three-in-one cleaning power tool.
- This blower can also deliver 250 miles per hour of speed, and gives you two different speed selections that you can use to regulate the power that you need from your blower for a variety of different cleaning scenarios. This selection feature gives you the ability to use your blower at either 180 miles per hour or 250 miles per hour.
- Another convenient feature that we really appreciate about this model is that it uses a disposable leaf bag system. This system gives you the ability to easily vacuum up leaves and debris into the bag so that you can easily dispose of the bag when you are done cleaning.
- When using the mulcher feature on this leaf blower vacuum, you have an advanced grind system that can actually grind down 16 bags of mulch to one bag. This is incredibly helpful when it comes to condensing a lot of waste down into a small area, so that you don’t have to keep changing out vacuum bags when you are cleaning up.
- This Black and Decker model also makes it really easy to change between vacuum and blower functions.
- The blower power on this model is excellent, but the vacuum function on this model is a little lackluster in terms of the power that it delivers.
- This is a heavy leaf blower, so make sure that you have a comfortable strap that you can wear so that you don’t get too fatigued when you are using it.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FREQC10/
3. Worx WG507 12 Amp 2-Speed Electric Blower/Vacuum
This is yet another wonderful and reliable two speed leaf vacuum. It also features functions for blowing and mulching as well.
The design of this leaf blower gives you the option of selecting between two speeds for blowing, which includes 160 and 220 miles per hour. This vacuum is lightweight and really easy to carry around and use for long clean-ups.
- This is another awesome and powerful multi-function blower model that can also be used as a vacuum and a mulcher. It uses a 12 amp motor that you can set to two different speed functions, so that you can adjust power accordingly to the area and the materials that you need to clean up.
- One of the nicest features of this blower is that it uses a one-touch option that allows you to quickly and easily convert this blower to a vacuum.
- The speed adjustment switch on this blower allow you to toggle back and forth between the 160 mile per hour power option and a 220 mile per hour blower option.
- Unlike other blowers that can be cumbersome and heavy, this particular blower and vacuum is really lightweight.
- This leaf vacuum also designed with an ergonomically designed handle that makes it much more comfortable when holding and using this vacuum for long periods of time.
- What you may also appreciate about this model is that you don’t need any tools to assemble it. You can simply take it right out of the box, put it together by hand and in just a matter of minutes it is ready for use.
- This vacuum also uses a simple ad convenient disposable bag design that cuts down and compacts debris so that you can easily dispose of it, when you are done with your vacuuming
- The only real downside to this leaf vacuum is that it doesn’t give you different nozzles for using when vacuuming vs. mulching or blowing.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0167XDT38/
4. BLACK+DECKER BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac
This is another great, versatile and valuable leaf blower from Black and Decker. This also features the three-in-one design so that you can use also use this leaf vacuum as a blower and a mulcher.
It also uses the grind system and the single bag design that can grind down 16 bags of mulch down into one, compact bag. This model has two different speed settings that allow you to clear leaves and debris with up to 250 miles per hour of power.
- This is another great leaf vacuum model that also offers settings to use it as either a blower or a mulcher. The three-in-one design makes it really convenient for all kinds of cleaning and clearing situations.
- This is another powerful leaf vacuum and blower that gives you up to 250 miles per hour of power on the blower setting.
- Much like the other Black and Decker vacuum that we looked at in this review, this one also has a really efficient mulcher function. This particular mulcher can grind 16 full bags of mulch down into one by using the serious grinding components on this blower.
- This model also gives you the ability to easily change it back and forth between a blower and a vacuum. In virtually the flip of a switch you can change the setting on this leaf vacuum.
- One of the features that we like the most about this particular leaf vacuum model is that it is incredibly quiet when you compare it to other leaf blowers. The average leaf blower and leaf vacuum is really loud. This blower delivers all of the power of the competition, but with a fraction of the noise.
- This vacuum also uses the disposable bag approach so that you can easily dispose of vacuumed debris.
- Depending on the amount of leaves that you are sucking up in the vacuum and whether they are wet or dry, you may experience that leaves will clog the vacuum tube.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FREQBXE
5. Toro 51619 Ultra Blower/Vacuum
This is another awesome, powerful and convenient commercial leaf vacuum from Toro. It is another multi-function power tool that you can use as a vacuum, blower or mulcher. The 51619 is similar to the 51621 model we also review in this guide, with one main difference. The 619 model Toro comes with extensions and a bag.
This blower has a lot of horsepower and can blow heavy, wet debris away with 250 miles per hour of air speed. It comes with a lot of useful extensions and utilities that you can use to make your cleanup even easier. You can easily go from a more focused blower to a larger vacuum by simply swapping out the extension.
- This reliable leaf vacuum model from Toro also uses a metal impeller to grind up mulch and debris down to the smallest bits so that you can condense more debris into a single vacuum bag.
- This powerful leaf vacuum can also function as either a blower or a mulcher, and can achieve blowing speeds of 250 miles per hour.
- With this model you are going to receive a vacuum tube, a bottom zip bag, a cord storage hook, a concentrator nozzle and a power insert.
- It has a simple option that allows you to easily switch between the vacuum and blower function.
- An extension cord is not included with this model, so you may need to buy one separately so that you can vacuum or blow out a larger area.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SBPFREU/
Here are few type of commercial grade vacuum cleaner like –
- Commercial Backpack Vacuum
- Commercial Upright Vacuum
- Commercial Canister Vacuum
- Overall Commercial Vacuum List
The Buying Guide: How To Choose The Right Commercial Leaf Vacuum
What are some of the best standards and features that you should go by when you are looking for the perfect leaf vacuum for you? The first thing that we would recommend looking at is the power that the blower provides. Keep in mind that you aren’t always going to need the maximum amount of power from your blower and vacuum, but the more power that you can get from your unit, the more convenient it can be. The difference in peak power that you have on your blower and vacuum can make your vacuum either more or less versatile in cleaning situations.
The other thing that you want to look at when you are shopping for leaf blowers and vacuums is if they have different power settings. You aren’t always going to need the same, flat power for every cleaning situation that you have. It is actually really useful to have a more powerful and a less powerful setting that you can use for different scenarios and different materials.
One of the other important factors that you want to look at when you are looking for the perfect leaf vacuum for you are what attachments and features it comes with. It can be really useful to have different tubes, nozzles, bags and grinding features that can make your cleaning jobs easier.
The benefits of leaf blower/vacuum combos
One of the immediate advantages that you are going to notice when you are cleaning with a leaf vacuum or leaf blower is that you are going to be saving so much time. If you have been using a rake and garbage bags to rake your leaves, you are probably spending hours of time that you don’t need to clean your lawn and home. Leaf blowers and leaf vacuums cut your total cleaning time down to a fraction of what it would be using more traditional lawn care methods.
Many people will have a leaf blower that blows leaves into large piles. The challenge is that you will need to still bag up and clear leaves even after you blow them. The advantage of having a commercial grade vacuum is that you can suck up the leaves a yard into a bag and quickly empty them as you go. This will save hours of time, especially in a large yard or if you own a commercial lawn care company.
Features that differentiate commercial vs. residential leaf products?
Some of the top attributes that you should be looking for to differentiate between these products are:
- Horsepower or maximum blower speed. Commercial grade blowers have higher output for clearing yards faster.
- Selection settings that allow you to choose the speed that you want to use when using the blower setting.
- If the blower that you are looking at uses a convenient disposable bag. This makes for quick work when you are clearing a lawn that might fill up 10, 20, or even 30 bags of leaves at a time.
- How easy or difficult it is to switch between the vacuum and blower function. In most lawn care companies your team will need to switch back and forth between the two many times a day.
- How much the blower weighs and if it is ergonomically designed for easier use and less fatigue while cleaning.
- Attachments and accessories that your blower comes with to cover all shapes and sizes of yards.
What’s the best way to use this product?
The best way to use a leaf vacuum and leaf blower is to use it in areas around your lawn and home when you have a mess that you need to clean up. These blowers are designed to clean up both wet and dry leaves around your home.
Decide on electric vs. gas powered
What are some of the downsides to using a leaf vacuum? Since you are going to need to plug it in to get power, you can be limited to the amount of space that you can clean by the length of your power cable. You may need to get an extension cable to be able to cover all of the cleaning space that you need to. The benefits of a gas powered leaf blower is that it can go with you anywhere and is much easier for larger commercial jobs. You will want to ensure you have plenty of gas on hand mixed with the right oil/gas ratio.
Understand the safety recommendations
The only prerequisite that you need for using this product is knowing the safety recommendations associated with it. If you are hesitant about using a leaf vacuum for the first time, see if you can get an experienced friend to show you how to use it. Many commercial grade blowers are incredibly powerful and are quite noisy. The larger models also have a tremendous amount of suction and can push anything through their metal impellers.
Review the steps necessary to clear the yard you are cleaning
There is a simple process to clearing a yard using your new commercial leaf vacuum. First unbox the equipment and make sure everything is in good working order. Second hook up the vacuum attachment along with the hose and get to work. You will want to ensure the vacuum is connected to a bag or you can even route the leaves directly to a garbage can lined with a trash bag.
Out of all of the leaf vacuums in this review, which is the model that stood out to you the most? For us personally, the Toro 51621 is the best commercial leaf vacuum. For what we think is a really reasonably priced unit, you can get all of the cleaning power and features that you need for a quality leaf vacuum, blower and mulcher. This vacuum is great for sucking up or blowing away piles of dry leaves, or mounds of heavy wet leaves in your yard or driveway.