If you are a BBQ lover and love to use cast-iron grates for grilling, then you must know how much of a hassle cleaning those grates are. Nobody likes burnt debris on their food. It’s a major turn off seeing burnt food particles in your meal. That’s why in this article, we have included the best grill brush to clean cast iron grates.
We all are well aware of how sturdy cast-iron grates are and how smoothly they distribute heat.Cast iron makes cooking efficient as they are a great heat conductor. Let’s talk about best grill brushes to clean cast-iron grates. These brushes are perfect to scrub flimsy handles, greasy grills and burnt on grates, without having to worry about their bristles falling out.
Cast Iron Grates
Cast iron grills work great but they start to rust when came in contact with water, and no one would appreciate eating food grilled on rusted grates. So the best solution is to get rid of those rusty grates. But we can also use other techniques to slow down the rusting process so that the number of times to replace the grates can be minimized.
Cast iron can exceptionally sear your steak at both low or high temperatures, a better heat conductor than steel, with the ability to lock the flavor. As buying a grill is a great investment so is purchasing the grill cleaning brushes. With proper care, maintenance and great insight which we have provided in this article, you can last this investment for long.
BEST GRILL BRUSH FOR CAST IRON GRATES
The brushes we have included in this article will definitely exceed your expectation. You wouldn’t have to worry about small or plastic handles or bristles falling out of the brush. And the amazing thing, now you can enjoy your food without worrying about the burnt or grease.
1- GRILLART Grill Brush and Scraper
GRILL ART grill brush and scraper is by far the best BBQ Brush used for cleaning grills. Its handle is 18-inch-long with 3 joined woven stainless steel wires. The brush is excellent for all types of grills. A more advanced and improved version of last year’s bestseller.
The novel & unique design of angled brush with scrapper on the flip, this brush can scrap stubborn gunk off and cleans the grill deeply and efficiently. The three in one design allows you to clean 5 times faster than any other brush. A longer high-quality plastic handle allows you to grip with two hands simultaneously keeping them safe from the heat.
GRILLART Grill Brush and Scraper is a longer, safer stainless steel brush which can be used for cleaning all types of BBQ grills with 100% money-back guarantee or replacement.
- Innovative design to avoid bristles falling off the brush.
- Wider blade means you can clean more area in one sweep.
- Excellent for large grills due to thinner wire frame which can clean the area in between the grating more efficiently.
- Modified design to keep your hands safe from heating.
- Easy to wash.
- The plastic handle seems to crack after some time due to exposure to extreme heat.
- The bristles are too narrow; they don’t get very deep down between the wires on the grill, making it not a very active cleaner.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NC2MYB/
2- Kona 360 Clean Grill Brush
The 360 Degree Clean Grill Brush by Kona allows you to clean all sides of your grill grates effortlessly and thoroughly. Its hard-wired stainless steel bristles cut through the harshest deposits without scraping off your grill.
The 18-inch-long brush handle is strong and weather resistant. It enacts 3 Brushes in 1 compatible design. This grill brush is also suitable for all grill types, including Porcelain,Stainless Steel and even Infrared. It has a Stiff, Firm structure but still, it is so Light-Weight.
The manufacturer provides a 5 Year “No Hassle” Limited Warranty, which means that the manufacturer will repair or replace this item for a tenure of 5 years from the date of purchase.Although the warranty is non-transferable and does not ensure rust and the regular wear and tear.
The 360 Degree Clean Grill Brush by Kona provides a cleaner, healthier grill surface as compared to other brushes and significantly reduces the risk of the steel bristles ending up in your food.
- This grill brush has a 5-year guarantee against breakage, which is so unusual. This feature makes it the Best Grill brush purchase and customer service people have ever experienced.
- While cleaning with this grill brush, you simply require a gentle touch, no need to grind down on the grates to get them clean.
- It works its job but the material used to hold the brush is probably cheap. If you grill all the time this won’t hold up.
- This grill brush doesn’t get in between the grates as the manufacturers claim.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TPAE1JW/
3-Alpha Grillers Grill Brush
This brush is your savior, it is known as the beast of brushes, hard yet smooth. It will not leave marks or scrape your expensive porcelain-coated grates, unlike some other stainless-steel brushes. The 3 heads with its stiff bristles will be hard on grime and gentle on grates.
You wouldn’t want to spend your afternoon working and cleaning those dirty, greasy BBQ grates, but if you are armed with this awesome alpha grill triple head grill cleaning brush then it’ll get the job done in a few minutes time. With each swipe of the huge brush surface, more grate will be covered and cleaned.
This brush is pretty much risk-free because of the Lifetime warranty they offer with added 100% money-back guarantee! So you can buy this Alpha BBQ grill brush with confidence.
- Sturdy Built with 18-inch-long handle
- Use full force to scrub and it wouldn’t bend or break
- Bristles started to shed after a few uses
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T95H1PE/
4- Weber 6494 12-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush
Whether cooking over charcoal or gas, this is a must-have utensil for keeping grill grates clean and free of food rubble. This weber grill brush Easily cleans hard-to-reach spaces between the grill grates and rods and gets into the tight corners of the cooking grates.
The stainless steel bristles in this brush are dense for longer life. Its ergonomic handle helps gripping. Weber offers an excellent price for excellent quality products. A perfect choice for the nastiest grill grates because it gets easily in between every inch.
Somehow, this Weber brush is designed more specifically for Weber grills and works much better on them instead of other grills. If you turn the brush on ends it fits well in between the openings on the cast iron Weber grill grate.
- The bristles are strong but thankfully won’t scratch the grill.
- It is strong and durable and comfortable to grip.
- This weber grill brush doesn’t melt.
- The brushes and metal frame has the tendency to bend and so get out of shape.
5- Best BBQ Grill Brush
High-quality stainless-steel BBQ cleaning brush with wire-bristle that doesn’t scratch or mark your porcelain or ceramic coated grates. Effectively removes all the grease, debris and burnt from the grates.
The brush surface is large enough to carefully clean all sides of every type of grill and provides 5-x faster cleaning than your traditional brushes. Compatible with all grill types including infrared, char broil, ceramic, porcelain, charcoal, gas grills, weber, smokers, big green egg and a lot more.
Best offer a Best Manufacture Money Back Guarantee (no questions asked) so if you’re not happy with this tough BBQ grill brush, the manufacturers are ready to fix the situation, trouble-free at any point.
- The 10-inch-long handle provides extra support and torque.
- The woven steel is designed in a way to prevent bending or snapping
- Sometimes bits of bristles fall off from the brush and get stuck into the grill
- Substandard quality
6- Grillaholics Brass Grill Brush
Experience the liberty of grilling with Grillaholics as much as you please. Its 360 degrees’ brush head scrubs 5 times quicker and cleaner, so you can fire up your grill to make smoked meat anytime of the day. Experience the grilling like TRUE GRILLAHOLICS… live by the grill, die by the grill!
They have issued a warning that it doesn’t matter how good a wired brush it, but after brushing the grill always check for wire bristles, food or grease on the grates to ensure that they are well cleansed. Their brush is perfect for all grills.
Grillaholics not only provide great grill brush but believe in offering the best customer service. If you are having any issue related to your order, just mail them and they will respond right away.
- The wide 18-inch-long brush handle will save your hand from the grill heat.
- High quality with sturdily built and stiff bristles
- Some complained that it doesn’t properly clean the grill.
- Difficult to clean as the brush doesn’t get into the grooves
7- Cave Tools BBQ Grill Brush
Cave Tools Are devoted to provide higher strength; excellent design & durability in the making to these grill brushes so you can buy this cave tools grill brush with total confidence.
This grill brush has a 100% Rust Proof Design so you Never have to worry if you forget your brush outside again. It has been tested through rain and snowstorms with zero rust. Also, it has a heavy-duty strength clip which keeps all the 3 grill brushes intact for thorough cleaning power on all types of barbecue grill grates.
The Bristles are made of Stainless steel so they wrap all around the top giving you better cleaning directions and a longer-lasting. This Triple Brush Design and 18″ Long Handle Provide a wide-ranging cleaning coverage reaching all the curves and corners, and in between the grill grates.
This Cave Tools BBQ Grill Brush is absolutely a wondrous product, securing your hands and forearms from burning while cleaning the grill. The bristles are firm and stretched enough so that they sweep away burnt on rubbles easily and even between the grill grates.
- Cave Tools BBQ Grill Brush will certainly not scrape and scratch Porcelain, Stainless Steel,Ceramic or Cast Iron Grill Grates.
- The handle is made out of sturdy plastic material. It does not heat up, alternately you can easily grab it by other than the handle, and it is definitely safe.
- According to the manufacturer, it is dishwasher safe.
- After a slight overuse, few people noticed steel bristles coming off.
- A few even found bristles laying on the grill surface, upon closer inspection and on pulling out; some of the bristles and several came right out.
- The metal bristles getting into grilled food could be very dangerous though and could result in serious medical conditions.
buy here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AKQ98MO/
8- Grillart Grill Brush
Gillart’s never fails to amaze us! Their bristle free brush and wide hollowed-out scraper design manage to push out those stubborn grate stains quickly and easily. The hollowed-out area allow you to tackle the uncleaned parts. Now you wouldn’t have to worry about ingesting wire pieces using this bristle free brush.
The double Helix design makes cleaning the grates more flexible without scratching the coating and the shorter sides make penetration and cleaning between the planks of the grill effortless. A great gift for all the BBQ lovers.
Grillart’s bristle free brush and scraper is another one of their greatest invention to clean your greasy stubborn grill grates. One of the best rated BBQ grill brush and accessories.
- The durable, reinforced 17-inch-long handle makes cleaning handy and prevents snapping
- Superior quality stainless-steel prevents the brush from rust
- This brush is fit for all grill grates except Mesh grates.
- Some complained that this brush is not very effective in cleaning grates and leave gunk behind.
9- Renook Safe Grill Brush
Worried about damaging your expensive grates? … Don’t worry… Renook has got your back! Their safe spiral shape with strong metal design and sturdy handles prolongs the brush use. The brush head is made with superior quality woven stainless-steel wire. The brush is dishwasher friendly and perfect for all grills.
A four-in-one tool with 3 brushes and 1 attached scraper to remove stubborn grease, debris, and stains from the grill grates. The hook at the end can also be used as a bottle opener and the sturdy stainless-steel handle neither bend nor snap.
Renook has created this masterpiece keeping one principle in mind: safety. They have created this bristle free metal brush because nothing is more important to them than life’s safety.Pros
- Safer with no worry about bristles getting stuck in the food
- Stainless-steel 18″ long durable handle
- 3-in-1 brush with a scraper and a bottle opener
- Light-weight yet durable construction
- Doesn’t work quite as well as the one with bristles
- Doesn’t clean grates very well
10- Kona Safe/Clean Grill Brush
This Kona Safe/Clean Grill Brush is a great substitute to other grill brushes for people who do not want bristles. With its unique design of 3 brushes in 1, this grill brush is recommended for almost all Grill Types- Porcelain, Ceramic, Infrared, Weber, Char-Broil, etc.
This brush is the latest innovation in grill accessories as this is 125% more firm than a conventional brush and will not bend. There are no bristles to wear down or fall off.
The ideal Handle Length Shorter brushes take way too much effort and longer brushes are too cumbersome. To keep your hands away from the heat and use at the perfect angle.
No sharp edges and no need to worry about metal bristles falling out and getting it into the food,leaving it poisonous, this is actually safe as the name suggests and this BBQ grill brush will not melt or deform like nylon grill brushes.
- The brush does a fair job well between the bars of the grates with a bit of pressure and force.
- This brush has no metal bits to break off and hence no potential of getting into food or poisoning food.
- There are no quality issues in the manufacturing of the brush, it looks very sturdy and is well made.
- Another plus is that it cleans up easily in the dishwasher.
- It’s a nice idea, but not a practical one, because many people claim that this brush is pretty useless to clean the grill because the wrapped wire is too inflexible and doesn’t flex to fit the grill grate. It’s hard to get into the corners of the grill grates and it doesn’t have enough contact with the grate itself.
- Some found the handle is way too short.
- And according to some people, the end cap that holds the loop is always popping off making this brush a waste.
Other Ways to Clean Cast Iron Grates
There are a variety of grill brushes to clean cast iron grates, but along with them, there are other solutions with which you can clean the remaining scraps of food after using your grill.
Apple Cider Vinegar
An easy way to sanitize your grills includes using water and apple cider vinegar.
You can use a mild soap to remove the grease. Always use warm water to clean those crusty grates.
Heat the grills
Once you are done with seasoning the grates, cover them with foil, put them inside the grill and close the lid. Heat the grill for 10 minutes at high temperature. Turn the heat off and season them again.
Best Grill Brush to Clean Cast Iron Grates
All brushes have their own quality but we here would recommend you Alpha Grillers grill brush, a resilient and effective stainless steel rustproof wire bristles brush with tough handle. For all the BBQ lovers, your life is going to get easy as this brush is the ultimate tool for cleaning dirty, greasy grates.
Each grill brush is best for cast iron grate but the best part of Alpha Grill is that it’s stainless steel bristles won’t scratch your porcelain grates.
To buy the best brush for your cast-iron grates; a perfect scrubbing tool for your BBQ grills you need to keep a few things in mind:
The right brush
Choosing the right brush is very essential to ensure clean grill grates. Most grills are either cast iron or stainless-steel, so you can use any brush on them. But if you grate is coated with enamel or porcelain then go for a gentle bristle free brush or brass metal brush to avoid scratching or chipping of the grate.
Choose the one with longer handles, as grills are super-hot and the chances of your hands getting burned with longer handles are minimum.
You can hang your brush with a hook on your grill using either a metal loop or a leather string.
You wouldn’t want to ingest metal bristles of your brush left on the grill. So make sure to buy the brush with durable bristles who don’t shed, and always carefully check your grates for loose bristles.
We all at times become too lazy to clean our grill grates after use. Later, those grates end up getting a hard, solid crust which is too difficult to remove. That’s where the scraper is used. It is used to scrape away the hard residue that a brush alone cannot remove.
Word of Advice!
It is sensible to sanitize the grill grates right after using them, as cleaning them right after grilling saves you a lot of trouble, scrub when they are still warm. The heat allows easy removal of the excess food residue from all the grilling. So these mentioned grill brush list works best to clean cast iron grates when those grills are warm.
Before inviting anyone for BBQ, ensure that your grills are in good condition, else it wouldn’t create a very good impression on others. Annoyed with burnt on your food, then it’s really time to invest in these grill brushes and scrapers to make your life easy. Each and every grill brush mentioned to clean cast iron grates has its own value which can’t be undermined.
The list we have generated for you are all the best, so grab whichever you are comfortable with.Cast iron grates have successfully survived all grilling tests as it has a capacity to absorb oil and meat fats, thus creating an awesome grilling experience, and these effective cleaners will help you to always achieve the desired result.