Video editing is something that requires a powerful laptop. The higher resource consumption can slow down a traditional laptop. Normal video editing is something considerable, but when you dealing with 4K video projects combined with special effects, a fast processor and a high-resolution becomes necessary.
Although you can easily get the best video editing laptop as there are a plethora of brands offering a range of laptops to help you pick the one that suits your demands. But some people are not willing to spend too much for a laptop for video editing.
Therefore, I have compiled this list of best video editing laptops 2020 to help budget people enjoy fast processing speed and higher resolution without breaking the bank.
After getting advice from experts about best video editing laptops, I have shared pros, cons, and other options for eight laptops in this article to help you make an informed decision without spending a dime.
Without further ado, let’s get started…
8 Best Laptops For Video Editing Under $500 – [Review Guide 2020]
1. Asus VivoBook F510QA AMD A12-9720P 15.6-Inch Notebook – Best Video Editing Notebook under 500
Asus VivoBook F510QA has a well-rounded feature set with an affordable system that is a great choice for everyday use. It offers AMD A12-9720P processor with 4GB of DDR4 RAM, a 1080p display, and a 128GB SSD. It has 2 Bristol Ridge modules and each Bristol ridge has shared FPU and dual integer-processing units. Consequently, this bi-module processor can sometimes impersonator the performance of a super-fast quad-core CPU.
It comes with a pretty affordable price that makes it ideal for both play and work. Its GPU and processor are so good that means you can play some good PC games on it. But these games should have a good frame rate and fewer graphics settings. Its overall look is fairly good and the keyboard is nice. So if you are looking for a good laptop for everyday use then it is a great option to go. It is the best Asus laptop review for video Editing under 500.
- It has an Ultra-fast quad-core CPU with Excellent performance.
- It has Exactitude touchpad.
- It has Plentiful Ports.
- It has 2.70 GHz and AMD A12-Series A12-9720P processor
- Asus Vivibook has 8 GB Memory with 256 GB SSD
- AMD Radeon R7 Series
- Good screen resolution 1920 x 1080
- Windows 10 64-bit
- The battery life is average
- For Asus VivoBook F510QA fingerprint sensor is ordinary
- Powerful AMD Quad Core A12-9720P Processor (2.7 GHz, up to 3.6GHz); Performance…
- 15.6″ anti-glare Full HD WideView display with ASUS Splendid software…
- 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz sdram Memory for full-power multitasking; 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD…
2. 2019 Lenovo Idealpad 330 quad core – Best Lenovo Idealpad for Video Editing Under 500
The Lenovo IdeaPad 330 comes with a lot of configuration but it looks like a normal laptop. It is the slim and light-weighted laptop that has just 4.85lbs weight. It comes with HD resolution, 15.6” screen, and 2TB HDD, it is best for gaming and multitasking with the system memory of 16GB DDR4. However, it has not extended battery life but it delivers higher data transfer rates. It is rectangular with rounded edges.
The Lenovo IdeaPad 330 is an affordable 15-inch laptop with a good keyboard and sturdy chassis, but its performance and short battery life hold it back. It is the best Lenovo Ideapad laptops For video Editing Under budget.
If you have a low budget and need a laptop for everyday use then it is a great choice for you. It has a robust chassis with good screen size and comfortable keyboard but its subpar performance spoils the fun. Moreover, Lenovo IdeaPad 330 has nоt good display and solid battery life that would be a problem for those who are looking for a better system.
- It is fairly affordable
- Hard-plastic construction makes it more durable
- It is a quad-core with 2TB HDD hard drive
- Comfortable and great keyboard
- It is lighted weighted that you can take it where life takes you
- It has a dim display comparatively
- Intel Pentium N5000 1. 1GHz up to 2. 7GHz, Quad-core; Powerful Intel Pentium…
- 15. 6″ display Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Energy-efficient LED backlight….
- 16GB DDR4 system Memory for intense multitasking and gaming; 2TB HDD offer…
3. 2019 Newest HP 15.6 inch HD WLED – Best HP Laptop For VideoEditing Under 500
It has great features that meet the needs of on the go lifestyles such as 8 GB of RAM, 620 graphics card by Intel and Intel Core i7-7500U CPU. It is a very light-weighted machine with a weight of 5.2 lb. The screen size is 15.6 inch which is midsize for a gaming setup. The best part of this super-fast HP machine is that it has 8th Generation Intel Core, 1TB SATA hard drive and 24 GB memory. It’s ultra HD graphics makes it the first choice for gamers. It has an extra-long battery life that is up to 10 hours. Furthermore, it has a Multi-format digital media card reader. It is the best HP laptops for Video editing Under 500.
It has a well-rounded system packed with great features that makes it the first choice for gamers. It is best for those gamers who need a good laptop with great specs at a low price. It is a fast and light-weighted machine that you can also use it in day to day usage.
- It is a very inexpensive gaming laptop as compared to other available gaming laptops in the market under $500
- It has super-fast speed, wonderful touch screen effect, and light in weight.
- It has huge space for saving large files with total 24 GB memory
- It can run less than 400 games out of top 1000 games out there.
- 8th Generation Intel Core Intel Core i3-8130U base clock 2.2GHz, turbo to…
- 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM and 16GB Intel Optane memory, total 24GB memory. 1TB 5400…
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD SVA WLED (1366×768), Intel UHD Graphics 620.
4. Acer Swift 3 SF315-52 Slim Laptop in Gold 8th Generation – Best 8th Generation Acer laptop For Video editing 2020
The Acer Swift 3 has fast connection speed, unparalleled portability, 8th generation processor, wireless connection and long battery life that meet the needs of modern-day lifestyles. You can promptly power it up and carry it wherever you go. Its 8th generation Intel core, HD IPS display and solid battery life make it the first choice for any user. Moreover, its trendy aluminum chassis and beautiful 15.6” screen give its users great multimedia experience. It is strongly recommended the best laptop for performing heavy duties.
Plus it is the latest 8th generation laptop for all the professionals and students. Because it is packed with all the specs you find in high-end laptops. It is an ultra-portable and thin laptop to carry with you on travel. With a full package of storage, it offers you enough space for even software engineers to work with it.
It is a great option that matches with the on the go lifestyle. It can turn your pain to pleasure while you are going to work away from your home computer. It is highly recommended for those who want a laptop with extra-long battery life i.e. 6 to 8 hours. It is the best budget Acer laptop For Video Editing under 500.
- It is super-fast
- Good Keyboard
- 15.6” HD IPS screen with small edges
- Great build quality. If it is dropped on concrete hardly, it will still work fine with a dent.
- Linux can be installed easily
- It has a number of ports with USB-C
- Comes in vibrant colors that give its look more personality such as rose gold color.
- Dual-booting functions well
- Its trackpad feels like the tongue of the cat.
- Ultra Portable and Ultra-thin design with Sleek Metal Body (.7-inch) Laptop in…
- 15.6in Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS ComfyView, HDCP, Mercury free, Wide Viewing…
- 8GB DDR4 memory + 16GB Intel Optane (24GB Total Memory) for superb perfromnace -…
5. Dell M4800 15.6in FHD Ultra powerful Mobile Workstation – Best Corei7 laptop For Video editing Under 500
Dell claimed that it would be the most powerful mobile workstation (15-inch) of the world. It is packed with a well-rounded system that performs like a desktop. It is thin and light-weighted just like MacBook Air but it is not portable. Its battery life is measured in minutes like other mobile workstations. A heavy chassis is used in this machine. Its graphic performance is also good which was only delivered by bigger laptops in the past that is useful as desktop alternatives than portable machines. Though the M4800 isn’t precisely delicate, it’s a step in the right direction.
While it is not fairly nice looking but it packs with a load of the good specification. It might not be a good choice for students to take to university due to its ugly look but it is an ideal choice for the design professional who wants to work on real 3D rumble portable machine. It is the best 32GB Dell laptop for all the web Developers 2020.
It’s not a complete whopper like other mobile workstations (17-inch) but overall it is truly a great choice for professionals.
- The powerful performance of CPU
- The superb performance of the GPU
- Available memory is 32GB
- A lot of expansion ports
- It is not nice looking like other mobile workstations
- It is not light-weighted.
- 15.6″ Ultrasharp FHD (1920×1080) Wide View Anti-glare LED Backlit Display
- Intel Core i7 Quad-Core (i7-4900MQ) 2.80 GHz up to 3.8GHz processor; 16GB system…
- Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11ac, HDMI; 4x USB 3.0; 1x USB/eSATA; DVD-RW; Nvidia Quadro…
6. Dell Latitude E7250 – Best Dell laptop For Video editing Under 500
If you want to work on all tasks then there is nothing like this great notebook Dell Latitude E7250. It comes with 12.5 inches screen with a Full HD touch screen. It has a comfortable keyboard with soft-touch palm rest, super-fast 5th-generation Core i5 CPU with 256GB hard drive. It is a great work partner that is portable that allows you to take it anywhere life takes you. It has extended battery life that makes it a strong choice for those who want to use it for everyday use. The good thing is that this model has a subtle aesthetic and lid made from woven carbon fiber. Dell Latitude E7250 has a touch screen that presents the 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution. It is the best touch screen laptop for video editing.
It is an ultraportable machine that looks classy and has a good and comfortable keyboard. Its battery can last you for hours. However, it has mediocre audio quality but overall it is a good option if you have a low budget. Its ultraportable ability makes it a workhorse for office work. However, you can get EliteBook in low budget but you need to sacrifice the battery life. People also compare it with MacAir but it has not as good durability and security features as Dell Latitude E7250 has. It is the best budget laptops for students.
- Battery life is up to 9 hours
- Comfortable keyboard
- Full HD touch screen
- 5th-generation Core i5 CPU
- Good performance
- Comes with a cheap price tag
- Slippery trackpad
- Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified by the manufacturer…
7. HP Dual Core Maxx Audio – Best 15 Inch laptop For Video editing Under 500
HP is undoubtedly one of the better choices when it comes to buying a durable, portable design and low-budget laptop. The ‘2019 newest premium 15.6 inches HP laptop’ is perfect for traveling due to its extended battery life, portability, and sleek design. You can take it wherever you go. It gives your responsive performance with the AMD A6 processor. However, it is a mid-range computer but it offers 9 hours of solid battery life and ample hard drive storage. It is a solid option whether you are a student or worker as it meets professional needs. Furthermore, it is an affordable option for everyday use.
It is an ideal choice for business persons who travel to other places most of the time due to its portable design. Students can also take it to the college due to its sleek design and do MS offices work on it. With extra-large battery life (up to 9 hours) and responsive performance, 2019 newest premium HP can be good for office workers too to work all day long without charging. It is the best 15Inch laptops for video editing under budget.
- It has a very expensive Performance
- Reliable and sturdy structure
- It is very Budget-friendly
- Portable and good for traveling
- Solid battery life with Up to 9 hours
- No backlit keyboard
- Bit slow when you open multiple files at once
- Intel Dual Core AMD A6-9225 2.6Ghz Base Frequency Burst Frequency up to 3.0Ghz…
- RAM is upgraded to 8GB memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to…
- Windows 10 64-bit OS; provide a familiar and productive experience, while…
8. HP Pavilion – Best Thin and Lightweight laptop For Video editing under 500
HP Pavilion comes with a 1TB hard drive that provides ample space for large files to store your important work or personal data with ease. The overall performance of this machine is very good that is good for professionals and students. It also supports the day-to-day usage. It comes with a glossy and bright screen with 15.6″ display. The screen maintains the vibrant colors of imagery and video. It has LED backlight and 1366 x 768 HD resolutions. You can do multitasking as its RAM has 8GB memory. The ample bandwidth RAM helps to run more than one app and browsers tab smoothly at a time. It provides a very productive and great multimedia experience and delivers top-rated security and flexibility.
However, the HP Pavilion is not as powerful as that of other HP laptops but its good design and the affordable price tag makes it worth your attention. It is a cool option for students who don’t need to work on the computer all day long. It is an extremely light weighted laptop 2020 that you can take it wherever you go. However, it has some flaws but it is a good choice for home personal use. It is the best thin laptop for video editing for all photographers. It is an Affordable HP laptop with a 1TB hard drive and 8GB RAM. It offers you a large space to save all your digital data.You may also like 10 Best 2 in 1 Laptops under $600 – Review Guide 2020
- Attractive and portable design
- It has a lot of ports and Webcam
- Its Touchscreen works well
- HP Pavilion has a good battery life
- Windows 10 64-bit OS
- It has a combo of microphone and headphone
- Touch Screen works well
- It comes in S mode
- Its startup system is not fast.
- Intel Dual Core AMD A6-9225 2.6Ghz Base Frequency Burst Frequency up to 3.0Ghz,…
- RAM is upgraded to 8GB memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to…
- 15.6″ HD (1366 x 768) LED backlight display, No Touchscreen
Now you have all the information that can help you choose a great laptop for video editing under 500. This list is crafted after deep research so that you don’t have to go anywhere else for getting the best laptop. If you found this article helpful, don’t forget to share it with others as well.